Tech geeks rejoice! Korg will be releasing two new products this year. Create Digital Music have published new details about the Korg SQ-1 Analog Step Sequencer, and the MS-20 Module Kit.
Building on the existing MS-20, the MS-20 Module kit lets you create a real, full-sized monophonic synthesizer module. The product comes pre-assembled, and according to leaks publicized by Turramurra Music, will retail at an estimated $2000.
Korg have been a little ‘hush hush’ on the details to date, here’s what we DO know about the MS-20M:
• Desktop modular version of the MS-20 Mini
• 2VCO / 2VCA / 2VCF / 2EG / 1LFO structure
• Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinctive distortion
• Toggle switches for VCO 1 to 2 sync / VCO 1 to 2 FM /
• Toggle to switch between rev 1 and rev 2 filter designs
• Adds junction patching bay for integration with SQ-1 Step Sequencer (included)
• External signal processor (ESP)
• Extremely flexible patching system
• MIDI IN and USB connector
Both the MS-20M and the SQ-1 Step Sequencer will be available at the National Association of Music Merchants 2015.
While the earlier version of the MS-20 had been criticized for its flimsy construction, this latest version looks to be a little more sturdy:
Listen to Pulse Radio